Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lesson 101

I have no plans of becoming a teacher. I see myself as someone doing big things in the future. I want to be a surgeon..... but....

Now I am a teacher. I teach 6 days a week, I have consultations, I prepare lessons, I compute grades, I have deadlines to beat, I complain, blah, blah, blah. But guess what, I AM HAPPY.

It's really true, there is indeed happiness in this profession. A feeling that money can't pay at all. There are simple joy in what I am doing right now. And here are some evidences:

Evidence No. 1

This is a picture of a so-called banner prepared by one of my natural science 1 class a year ago. It is a BIG letter given during our last day of class. What is written in that letter erased all headaches and body pains that I had during that semester.

Evidence No.2

February 14, 2007. I received a long stem red rose and was serenaded by a cute guy. LOL. But this gesture is not from a boyfriend. It was one of my food microbiology class who have given me this treat.



Evidence No.3

When my students come to me and tell me how our lessons in class changed how they look at some things. Example, I am teaching food safety and my students will come and tell me that when they eat at some food establishment, they become a bit observant and they try to check if food handlers observe sanitary standard operating procedures. Some students even laugh at the thought of them becoming a bit paranoid on food safety. But for me, it is a trophy. For those statements are proof that they are learning.

Among those 3 evidences, the last one is the best. That is the simplest joy in teaching. Knowing that you students learn something from you. Some of my students will forget my name, how i look or even forget me totally. But I am sure and I am hoping that what they have learned inside the classroom will remain in their heads and serve as a guide on how they will face the real world.

Now I am a teacher. I teach 6 days a week, I have consultations, I prepare lessons, I compute grades, I have deadlines to beat, I complain, blah, blah, blah. But guess what, I AM HAPPY.

2 comments:

0 said...

Christmas blog hop!Greetings for you:
http://robology.i.ph/blogs/robology/2008/12/25/happy-holidays/

Jason said...

Hello Jill,

Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment, I hope that the google adwords can help you in some way to promote your website.

Being a teacher is a rewarding experience and I'm glad you are having a great time! I hope that I can help teach people as well through my website and in my daily life.

Take Care!